Sunday 11 October 2009

Introduction


Hello, how are you? I'm Royalee - you may have seen me around on the interweb posting on such prestigious websites as Hobnob Anyone? (the internet forum for Reading FC) sparking shock, horror, disgust, laughter, amusement, derision and hatred, but hopefully and most importantly enjoyable banter and debate.

You may have deduced from this that I am rather keen on my football, and I am. Here I will share my thoughts on various topics throughout the beautiful game and you are free to make what you like of my rantings and ramblings (considered input, topic suggestions and debate will be gratefully accepted, but no name-calling please, it's not big and it's not clever unless I'm doing it). Hell, I may even hold polls and go crazy with pie charts and all manner of graphical bewilderment if this actually takes off!

My Football Experiences

I thought it might be nice to fill you in on my football background as far as being a fan goes - I'll keep this short and sweet...

First match attended: Reading 2-1 Leyton Orient on Saturday October 16th 1993 at Elm Park, it was bloody brilliant and I loved it so much that I've been going ever since and must have gone to approaching 1,000 games watching the mighty Royals - it's been a blast.


Favourite players:


Shaka Hislop: Was between the sticks when I first started watching my team Reading, 6 foot 6 and an imposing yet agile keeper with great reactions. Inspired me to play in goal and went on to play over 200 games in the Premiership after he left us for Newcastle, West Ham and Pompey. Class.

Eric Cantona: I still don't think there has been anyone like him since he retired - Dennis Bergkamp was similar in some ways but he didn't have the same arrogance, fire and eloquence of the great man both on and off the pitch. I bet Dennis wasn't as good at kung-fu either, Cantona'd destroy him! Long live the King.

Romario: The ultimate goalscorer, he was still banging them in at 42 years old, finally retiring last year after amassing well over 300 competitive goals. Everyone goes on about Shearer and Ronaldo (Brazilian) as being the greatest goalscorers of their time, but they didn't get anywhere near his tally. Oh yeah, he scored 55 goals in 70 games for Brazil on the international stage too which I hadn't included -here is him at his best...enjoy.

Diego Maradona: I was too young to see him at his best, but this is utterly ridiculous.

Jimmy Quinn, Jamie Cureton, Dave Kitson and Kevin Doyle: Reading FC goalscoring legends, all of them.


What To Expect

Right, that's enough of that. At the moment I'm in the process of writing a few pieces, beginning with the World Cup 2018 debate. In this I shall take a look at the different bids including England's and tell FIFA what they should be doing as I think this is for the best. If you have any suggestions for articles or topics you would like me to discuss, please write to me at royalee@live.co.uk or just leave a comment on here.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment